Healthy Habits for a Healthy Life of Kids 2012
Healthy habits for a healthy life
If we form healthy habits from the start it will help us age with grace and have more energy and enjoy a better quality of life. Here are four ways to help you take charge of your health!
Exercise. Physical activity improves the functioning of the heart, lowers blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides, helps to control diabetes, provides an outlet for negative emotions like anger and also promotes restful sleep. Selecting an exercise program that you enjoy will make you consistent.
Forms of exercise:
Cardiovascular exercise: Cardiovascular exercise burns calories, promotes blood circulation and strengthens the heart. Eg. walking, swimming and cycling.
- Strength training: Weight bearing exercise help in maintaining bone density and keeping the body strong. Eg. working out on machines or exercising using dumbbells.
- Flexibility training: Flexibility exercises help to keep the body supple, flexible and free from muscular stress. Eg. yoga, and stretching exercises.
Make a list of simple activities that help you de-stress and make them an integral part of your life
- Sound sleep is a deep state of relaxation and rejuvenation.
- Laughter helps relax the mind and wipe away stress.
- Breathing exercises and pranayama improve lung capacity and calm the body and mind.
A healthy well-balanced diet should include carbohydrates, proteins, fats and plenty of water.
- Eat enjoyable and nutritious foods. Eat three to five pieces of fresh fruits and salad each day. Choose whole, organic foods rather than refined, processed foods that are full of additives.
- If you eat too much after 9 pm, you’ll gain weight and find it difficult to digest the food. If you eat a late dinner, then eat a small snack before 8 pm, so that you won’t be as hungry, during dinner.
- Drink eight to ten glasses of water daily. Eat high water content foods, such as, watermelon, oranges, pineapples, tomatoes and cucumber.
- Cultivate a hobby
- Live life to the fullest and develop a hobby. A hobby can boost your creativity, self-esteem, pleasure and accomplishments.
- CBSE Result (Discussion Forum)
- Setting Goals after Board Results
- Smile Through Stress (Video)
- CBSE Class XII Result 2010
- CBSE Toppers
- CBSE Result 2010
- CBSE Result 8th Class
- CBSE Class 12 Result by Email