CBSE vs ICSE | CBSE And ICSE Difference 2012
CBSE And ICSE Differences
The syllabus of the CBSE is better manageable than that of other boards like ICSE/ISC (Indian Council for Secondary Education). Although a broad-based syllabus is generally perceived to be good, since it has a focused approach, it increases the load on students, thus leading to stress. A student should be given the option of studying only the basics of the language if his/her interests lie elsewhere. This choice is given in CBSE, not in ICSE/ISC.
1. Unlike in ISC, the CBSE syllabus is presented in a more scientific manner. The entire syllabus is divided into units and every unit is allotted the number of periods required to cover it in the year and also the weight age of marks it will carry in the examination. Thus, the teacher and student can plan the study of the various segments of the syllabus accordingly.
2. The examination pattern of entrance examinations (IIT-JEE & PMT) follows that of CBSE since CBSE conducts these examinations. This puts those ISC students who are interested in competitive examinations at a disadvantage as they need to reorient themselves to a different system. As ICSE also has no role to play in the above.
3. The ICSE syllabus especially for higher standards is very heavy compared to that of CBSE. ICSE has two papers in English, whereas CBSE has only one. ICSE has three papers in Science (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) whereas CBSE has only one. ICSE has two papers in Social Studies (History & Geography) whereas CBSE has only one.
4. Environmental Education is compulsory at the ICSE & ISC examinations whereas this is not so at the CBSE examination. CISCE, in a panic reaction to Supreme Court ruling regarding Environmental Education, rushed into it while CBSE is content to wait a review of this ruling where the matter may be either dropped or modified.
5. CBSE will give only grades in the examination results. This is seen as a progressive move. ICSE has not made such an announcement as yet.
6. CISCE has no academically designed process or programme for syllabi revision/upgradation, unlike CBSE which has syllabus reviewed on an ongoing basis.
7. It is a myth that ICSE is well recognized all over the world and not CBSE. Now UCAS (Universities & Colleges Admissions Service- Central organisation fthrough which applications are processed for entry to higher education) recognizes CBSE at par with ISC.
Source: CBSE vs ICSE
Tags: isc vs cbse, cbse vs isc, cbse vs icse 2013, icse vs cbse 2013, scoring above 90 in icse social science paper, is registration for examination for tenthsame for cbsc and icse, isc science stream syllabus, isc exam for science stream tips, Icse vs cbse, is there any difference between isc xi-xii syllabus and cbse xi -xii