Kapil Sibal Profile 2012
- Kapil Sibal was born on August 8, 1948 in Jalandhar, Punjab to Kailash Rani and Hira Lal Sibal, a leading lawyer from Haryana.
- Educated at St Stephen’s College, University of Delhi – 1967.
- Post graduation in History – 1969.
- Joined law college and at the same time became a teacher in Hindu College.
- Qualified for the Indian Administrative Services – 1973.
- Went to the US and did Masters from the Harvard Law School and between 1977-1980 practiced as an associate in the law firm at Cole and Deitz at New York.
- Additional Solicitor General of India – 1989-1990.
- President, Supreme Court Bar Association – 1995-96, 1997-98 and 2001-02.
- Congress party member, Rajya Sabha – 1998-2004.
- Elected to the Lok Sabha – 2004.
- Federal Cabinet Minister, Science & Technology and Earth Sciences – 2004-09.
- Led the first Indian expedition to the Arctic and was responsible for setting up an Indian Reserch Station – 2008.
- First Indian minister to travel to the icy continent of Antartica and stayed there in sub-zero temperatures.
- Minister of Human Resource Development – 2009.
Kapil Sibal Contact
Kapil Sibal Email ID
Tags: kapil sibal profile, kapil sibal email id, profile of kapil sibal, kapil sibal biodata, aicte m sc electronics, is m sc Physics (Electronics) equivalent to b tech as per Association of Indian University, biodata of kapil sibal, is m sc physics (electronics) equvilent to b tech (electronics) as per AICTE, kapil sibbal biodata, why mca mtech are not eligible for engineering colleges