Kerala SET (State Eligibility Test) Exam
Kerala SET 2010 (State Eligibility Test) Exam For Higher Secondary School Teachers and Non-Vocational Teachers
Test Scheme: There shall be two papers for the SET 2010.
Paper I: Paper I is common for all candidates. It consists of two parts. Part (A) is General Knowledge and Part (B) is Aptitude in Teaching.
Paper II: Paper II shall be a test based on the subject of specialisation of the candidate at the Post Graduate (PG) Level.
SET Subjects : There shall be 37 subjects for the Paper 2 of SET as listed.
6. Computer Science/ Information Technology
11. Gandhian Studies
17. Home Science
18. Islamic History
27. Political Science
31. Social Work
Test Duration: The duration of the Test shall be 120 minutes for each paper.
Number of questions and marks:
Paper I : There shall be 120 questions for Paper I with 60 questions each for Part A and Part B. Each question shall carry 1 mark.
Paper II : There shall be 120 questions carrying one mark each for the subjects under Paper II except for Mathematics and Statistics. For Mathematics/Statistics there shall be only 80 questions carrying 1.5 marks each. The questions of both the papers shall be objective in nature and based on single response, ie; for each question four suggested responses (A, B, C, D) will be given of which only one will be the most appropriate answer and the candidates will have to select and mark their response in the appropriate space provided in the OMR Answer Sheets.
For each correct response the candidates will be awarded 1 mark in both the Papers except for Mathematics and Statistics for which each correct response will be awarded 1.5 marks. Marking more than one response against a question shall be deemed as incorrect answer. For every incorrect answer 1/4th of the mark assigned to the correct answer to that question shall be deducted from the total marks secured by the candidate for the Paper concerned.
Note: Detailed instructions for marking the OMR Sheets will be issued separately.
Requirement for Pass: To pass the State Eligibility Test, a candidate shall score
i) at least 35 percent of marks for Paper I and Paper II separately and
ii) at least 50 percent of the aggregate marks of Paper I and Paper II
In computing marks fraction shall be rounded off to the first two decimal places in the calculation of aggregate percentage of marks only. No rounding off of marks shall be made for calculating the pass percentage for Paper I and Paper II separately.
Syllabus: The syllabus prescribed for the Test will be based on the core areas in the syllabi in the concerned subjects followed by the Universities in Kerala.
The approved syllabi of the subjects concerned for SET-2010 is available in the official website of the LBS Centre.
Eligibility: 1. Those who have acquired Masters Degree in the concerned subject in II Class with not less than 50% marks and B.Ed. Degree in any discipline from any one of the Universities in Kerala or have acquired these qualifications from any other University recognized as equivalent thereto are eligible to apply for the SET 2010 with certain exceptions as mentioned in the following paragraphs.
2. For Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology, those having Second Class MSc.Ed Degree in the concerned subject with not less than 50% marks from one of the Regional Institutes of Education sponsored by NCERT will be eligible to apply. For Botany and Zoology, those having Second Class MSc.Ed Degree in Life Science (with not less than 50% marks) from one of the Regional Institutes of Education are also eligible.
3. For the subjects Anthropology, Commerce, Computer Science/Information Technology, Electronics, French, Gandhian Studies, Geology, German, Home Science, Journalism, Latin, Music, Russian, Social Work, Sociology, Statistics, Syriac, Philosophy and Psychology, candidates need not acquire B.Ed. Degree for appearing for the State Eligibility Test.
4. Those who have acquired II class Masters Degree in Communicative English with not less than 50% marks and BEd. are eligible to appear for SET in English.
5. Candidates who have acquired Diploma in Hindi Teaching, but do not have B.Ed. Degree, are eligible to apply for SET in accordance with the exemption clause provided in the Special Rules.
6. Candidates who have acquired B.Ed Degree in Hindi conducted by the Dakshin Bharatha Hindi Prachar Sabha are exempted from the requirement of producing the equivalency certificate, as the degree has been recognized by the Universities in Kerala.
7. Candidates who have acquired their qualification through Correspondence Course / Open Universities which are not recognized by any one of the Universities in Kerala are not eligible to appear for the SET. Candidates who have acquired their qualifications through recognized correspondence courses/Open universities should obtain and furnish certificates of recognition and equivalency from any one of the Universities in Kerala.
8. Candidates admitted in the year 2009 for B.Ed. courses will be permitted to appear for the State Eligibility Test 2010. Candidates appearing for Post Graduate final year / Final semester Examinations in the academic year 2009-2010 will also be permitted to appear for SET 2010 if they already have a B.Ed Degree. SET certificates of such candidates will be issued only if they qualify the PG/B.Ed examinations in that chance itself. The B.Ed candidates shall produce the pass certificates and PG candidates shall produce both the pass certificates and mark lists for proving their eligibility after qualifying the SET-2010. Candidates appearing simultanenously for PG and B.Ed. final examinations are not eligible to appear for SET-2010 under this provision.
9. For the subject Latin, candidates who have passed their degree examination in any discipline from any one of the Universities in Kerala or from any other University recognized as equivalent thereto with Latin as their Second Language under Part II with not less than 50% marks for that Part II are also eligible to appear for SET, provided such candidates have acquired II Class Masters Degree with not less than 50 % marks in any discipline.
Relaxation of Minimum marks for SC/ ST Candidates: Candidates belonging to SC/ST categories shall be granted a relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum marks prescribed for the eligibility to appear for the State Eligibility Test. However the minimum requirement of a pass in second class for the qualifying examination, shall not be applicable.
Age Limit: No age limit is prescribed for candidates appearing for the SET.
Mode of Registration for SET-2010 : Candidates intending to register for the State Eligibility Test are required to pay the fee for the Test in advance to obtain the prescribed Application form and Prospectus. The fee shall be Rs.500 for general candidates and Rs.250 for SC/ST candidates.
Mode of Remitting fee: The fee for the test can be remitted in any selected office or branch of a service provider to be notified later. Copy of the Prospectus and application form shall be issu
ed to all candidates who remit the prescribed fee. SC/ST candidates should produce a copy of the Community Certificate to get the prospectus and application form for Rs.250/-. Fee once remitted shall not be refunded. Application forms are not available by post to the candidates residing in Kerala.
Candidates residing outside the State of Kerala can request for the application form and prospectus by post.In such cases the mode of payment of fee shall be only be through Demand Draft (Rs.550/- for general category candidates and Rs.300/- for SC/ ST candidates) drawn from any one of the nationalised banks in India in favour of the Director, LBS Centre for Science & Technology payable at Thiruvananthapuram. Re- quest for the application forms by post along with the Demand Draft and a self addressed envelope of size 31 cm X 25 cm should reach the office of the Director, LBS Centre at least 10 days before the closing date fixed for registration for SET-2010.
MODE OF SENDING THE APPLICATIONS: After completion of step 1, the application form obtained along with the prospectus shall be duly filled in, affixed with a recent passport size photograph of the candidate (no attestation required) and sent to the Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology, Extra Police Road, Nandavanam, Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram by registered post or can be handed over in person at the LBS Headquarters (address given above) so as to reach his office before the last date fixed for submission of applications.
Test Centres: There will be Test Centres at all the District Head Quarters in the State (District and District Code are given below). A candidate can select a District Head Quarter as Test Centre . Change of District Centre once selected will not be allowed under any circumstances. The Venue will be allotted by the Director, LBS Centre for Science & Technology, Thiruvananthapuram which will be intimated to the candidates in due course when Admit Cards are released online.
Codes and Districts:
- Distribution of Application through Notified Head Post Offices 15/3/2010 to 17/4/2010
- Online Registration 15/3/2010 to 17/4/2010 -5 PM
- Last Date of Receipt of Application 17/4/2010
- Examination Date 06/06/2010
For more details contact:
LBS Centre for Science and Technology
Thiruvananthapuram 695 033.
For enquiries related to SET-2010
0471 – 2560311, 0471 – 2560312
0471 – 2560313, 0471 – 2560314
Tags: set exam kerala, kerala set exam 2013, set kerala, set exam kerala 2013, state eligibility test kerala, kerala set exam, set exam 2013 kerala, kerala state eligibility test 2013, SET 2013 kerala, kerala set