CBSE HOTS Questions Mathematics (QUADRATIC EQUATIONS) 2012
- Solve by factorization
- By the method of completion of squares show that the equation 4×2+3x +5 = 0 has no real roots.
- The sum of areas of two squares is 468m2 If the difference of their perimeters is 24cm, find the sides of the two squares.
- A dealer sells a toy for Rs.24 and gains as much percent as the cost price of the toy. Find the cost price of the toy.
- A fox and an eagle lived at the top of a cliff of height 6m, whose base was at a distance of 10m from a point A on the ground. The fox descends the cliff and went straight to the point A. The eagle flew vertically up to a height x metres and then flew in a straight line to a point A, the distance traveled by each being the same. Find the value of x.
- A lotus is 2m above the water in a pond. Due to wind the lotus slides on the side and only the stem completely submerges in the water at a distance of 10m from the original position. Find the depth of water in the pond
- The hypotenuse of a right triangle is 20m. If the difference between the length of the other sides is 4m. Find the sides.
- The positive value of k for which x2 +Kx +64 = 0 & x2 – 8x + k = 0 will have real roots .
- A teacher on attempting to arrange the students for mass drill in the form of a solid square found that 24 students were left over. When he increased the size of the square by one student he found he was short of 25 students. Find the number of students.
Tags: hots questions in mathematics ii, cbse class 10 sa2 question papers quadratic equation, hots quetion of maths of quadratic equations for class 10 sa2, maths hots questions class 10 for sa2, Quadratic equations class 10 HOTS, cbse base hots questions, hots questions in mathematics, quadratic equation of 10th class of ssc, quadratic equation problems for class 10 cbse a car can travel, QUADRATIC EQUATION STD X CBSE PROBLEMS