ICSE Syllabus Change from April
ICSE is going to do major changes in syllabus for class Xth from April 2010
Major changes in ICSE syllabus
Sweeping changes are on the anvil in the Council for The Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) board rules and curriculum. The changes will come into effect from April 2010.
- A new subject, English Speaking and Listening Skills, will be introduced for high school students in grades IX, X and XI. This subject will be compulsory and assessed internally
- From the next academic year, students who fail in the second language in the 10th board exam need not write supplementary exams to be promoted to the 11th grade.
- Another major change being planned is to merge environment education with other subjects. The authorities clarified that till 2012, environment education will continue to be taught as a separate subject; it will be merged with other subjects from 2013.
- ICSE will not make the 10th board exams optional. At the COBSE (Council of Boards of School Education India) meeting where the CBSE decision was discussed, all boards were unanimous in stating that they don’t want to make board exams optional. It is wait and watch to see how CBSE implements this policy.
- The board has also announced plans to have a centralised marking scheme and a modernisation drive to have online registration of ICSE and ISC students for board examinations