CBSE Syllabus of Physical Education 2012
PHYSICAL EDUCATION (Code No.048)
It covers the following:
- Eligibility conditions for admission to the course
- Conditions for granting affiliation to the schools for offering Physical Education as an elective subject
- Theory syllabus for class XI (Part A & B)
- Theory syllabus for class XII (Part A & B).
- Part C – Practical – Distribution of marks for the activity practical syllabus.
- Norms for Physical Fitness Test for admission to Physical Education in class XI & for testing Physical Fitness for Girls of classes XI & XII
- Norms for Physical Fitness Test for admission to Physical Education in class XI & for testing Physical Fitness for Boys of classes XI & XII
- List of content of syllabus; Work load/teaching components; maximum marks allotment; paper setting and nature of questions setting exams
- Guidelines for evaluation of Physical Education theory paper
- Guidelines for Physical Education Teachers.
I. Eligibility Conditions for Admission to the Course
The following category of students will be permitted to join the course:
(i) Those who have represented the school in the Inter School Sports & Games Competitions in any Game/Sport.
(ii) Those who do not represent the school but are keen to join the course should undergo a physical fitness test and secure a minimum of 40% marks.
(iii) Those granted permission to join the course should be medically fit to follow a prescribed programme of physical education.
(iv) The unit of a class in physical education and health education should not exceed 40 students.
(v) Instructional hours and duration of the period should be strictly as per the norms of the Board.
II. Conditions for Granting Affiliation to Schools for Offering Physical Education as an Elective Subject.
Only those schools satisfying the following conditions will be permitted to offer physical education as a course of study at +2 stage as an elective subject:
(i) The school should have adequate open space to accommodate at least 200 M track and play fields for minimum three games/sports.
(ii) The teacher handling the elective programme of physical education should hold a Master Degree in Physical Education.
The school should provide adequate funds for physical education and health education for purchase of equipments, books on physical education and also for the maintenance of sports facilities.
Tags: physical education syllabus class 12 cbse 2013, physical education syllabus for class 12 cbse 2013, physical education syllabus, cbse physical education syllabus, marks distribution cbse 12th physical education 2012, physical education syllabus 2013, syllabus of physical education class 12, physical education syllabus class 12 cbse, cbse physical education syllabus 2013, physical education project on cricket for class 12th