ICSE Class X Important Questions of English 2012
Q. 1. Rewrite the following sentences according to instructions given after each.
1. He really likes correcting her English. ( use pleasure)
2. It’s not necessary to take a lot of luggage when going on holiday. (use Much)
3. Perhaps he hasn’t received the doctor’s results yet ( use may)
4. All I want you to do is to look after my dog. ( use care)
5. She was not certain about the trip ( use decide)
6. He locked the gate so that the dog wouldn’t escape. ( use prevent)
7. They did not like to pay extra taxes. ( use objected)
8. The day was so nice that we went on a picnic. ( use such)
9. The only person I didn’t see was Jane. ( use except)
10. She decided to visit her friend and tell her the news. ( use drop)
11. It wasn’t necessary to meet me at the airport yesterday. ( use needn’t )
12. It was unkind of you to talk to her like that. ( use not)
13. I saw the film although I strongly dislike thrillers ( use spite)
14. It’s not possible to play tennis because of the rain. ( use makes)
15. I’ve never tasted such good food before. ( use ever)
16. Do your parents allow you to watch TV late at night? ( use let)
17. ”Did you write a note for Anna?” I asked my mother. ( use she)
18. He gave me the money first, and then he left. ( use after )
19. I don’t find it difficult to get up early any more. ( use used)
20. We have to reduce our expenses. ( use cut )
21. “Can you please explain this to me?” she asked the teacher. ( use if)
22. Perhaps he’s working late. ( use may)
23. Nobody ever told me about it. ( use never)
24. “I’ll pick him up from the airport,” she said. ( use offered)
25. I was so shocked that I couldn’t react. ( use wasn’t)
26. People say Greek is a difficult language to learn. ( use said)
27. The police have investigated the crime. ( use by)
28. Without your help, I would never have managed. ( use you )
29. The manager made the employees stay late. ( use made)
30. When can their glory fade? ( use never)
Q. 2. complete with the suitable prepositions:
1. The people are____the table____the dining room.
2. The stairs are____the bathroom____the second floor.
3. The bedroom is____the attic(room in roof) ____the third floor.
4. The washing machine is____the dryer.
5. The steps are in____ of the door.
6. The tools are____the peg(wooden nail) board.
7. The peg board is____the basement.
8. The basement is____ the house.
9. The cupboards are____ the counter.
10. The roof is____ the house.
11. The books are____the book case.
12. The woman is putting something____the oven.
13. The dresser is____the mirror.
14. The shelf is____the washing machine and table.
15. The box is____the table____the basement.
16. The dishes are____the china cabinet____the dining room.
17. The kitchen is____the first floor____the house.
18. The computer is____the room____the third floor____the attic
19. The play is____ Monday, ____ 9:30____ night
20. I study____ the morni8ng and work____ the afternoon.
Q. 1. ANSWERS:
1. He …takes pleasure in.. correcting her English.
2. You …don’t need much / needn’t take much / don’t have to take much… luggage when going on holiday.
3. He ..may not have received.. the doctor’s results yet.
4. All I want you to do is to ……take care of….. my dog.
5. She ……could not decide….. about the trip.
6. He locked the gate ……to prevent the dog (from).. escaping.
7. They ……objected to paying………. extra taxes.
8. It was …such a nice day…. that we went on a picnic.
9. I ………saw everyone except….. Jane.
10. She decided to …drop in on… her friend and tell her the news.
11. You ……needn’t have met… me at the airport yesterday.
12. You …should not have talked… to her like that.
13. I saw the film in …spite of my strong dislike… of thrillers.
14. The rain ……makes it impossible…. to play tennis.
15. It is the …best food I’ve ever.. tasted.
16. Do your parents …let you watch…. TV late at night?
17. I asked my mother …whether/if she had written…. a note for Anna
18. He left ……after he had given me/after giving me….. the money.
19. I ……am used to getting…. up early.
20. The employees ……were made to stay late… by the manager
21. If ……you hadn`t helped me……. , I would never have managed.
22. The crime ……has been investigated by…… the police.
23. Greek ……is said to be a……. difficult language to learn.
24. I ………wasn’t calm enough to…… react.
25. She …offered to pick him up….. from the airport.
26. I ………was never told…. about it.
27. He ……may be working…. late.
28. She asked the teacher ………if she could explain that……… to her.
29. We have to ………cut down on……….. our expenses.
30. Their glory can never fade
Q. 2. ANSWERS:
1. at , in
2. beside , on
3. under , on
15. on ,in
16. in ,in
17. on, in
18. in , on , below.
19. on , at ,at
20. in ,in
Tags: icse expected questions 2013, expected questions for icse 2013, icse board exam question papers 2013, tips for icse 2013, probable questions for icse 2013, important chapters for icse 2013, Solve this ◻➕◻➕◻➕◻➕◻=30 Fill the boxes using (1 3 5 7 9 11 13 15) U can also repeat the numbers This question came in UPSC Final Exams held in Dec 13 and only one person Gaurav Agarwal could solve it, icse 10th english questions, important essays for 10th class 2012, icse class 10 english language 2013 board paper with answer