CBSE Sample Paper Class X Science
1. What change in colour is observed when white silver chloride is left exposed to sunlight ? What type of chemical reaction is this ? 1
2. Which gas is generally liberated when a dilute solution of hydrochloric acid reacts with an active metal ? I
3. Arrange the following metals.in a decreasing order of activity : 1
Na, K, Cu, Ag
Na, K, Cu, Ag
4. What kind of mirrors are used in big shopping stores to watch activities of customers ? 1
5. Draw a ray diagram to determine the position of image formed of an object placed between the pole and the focus of a concave mirror. 1
6. What will be the observed colour of sky on a planet where there is no atmosphere ? Why ? 1
7. What is meant by ‘water of crystallisation’ of a substance ? Describe an activity to show that blue copper sulphate crystals contain water of crystallisation. -
8. What is a redox reaction ? When a magnesium ribbon burns in air with a dazzling flame and forms a white ash, is magnesium oxidised
or reduced ? Why ? 2
9. The refractive index of water is 1-33 and the speed of light in air is
3 x 10 ms . Calculate the speed of light in water. – 2
10. (a) What is the shape of the graph obtained by plotting potential
difference applied across a conductor against the current flowing through it ?
What does the slope of this V -1 graph at any point represent ?
11. Give reasons for the following observations :
(i) Ionic compounds in general have high melting and boiling points.
(ii) Highly reactive metals cannot be obtained from their oxides by heating them with carbon.
(iii) Copper vessels get a green coat when left exposed to air in rainy
Tags: science sample papers for class 10 sa2, cbse science sample papers for class 10 sa2, cbse sample papers for class 10 sa2 science, Sample papers for class 10 sa2, sample paper for class 10 sa2, sample papers for class 10 cbse sa2 science, sample paper of science for class 10 sa2, sample papers for class 10 cbse sa2 2013 science, sample question papers for class 10 cbse sa2 science, sample paper of class 10 cbse sa2 science