Presence of Insecticides and Pesticides in Fruits and Vegetables
CHEMISTRY PROJECT FOR CLASS 12
To study the presence of Insecticides and Pesticides in Fruits and Vegetables
1) Take different types of fruits and vegetables and cut them into small pieces separately.
2) Transfer the cut pieces of various fruits and vegetables into it separately and crush them .
3) Take different kinds for each kind of fruits and vegetables and place the crushed fruits and vegetables in these beakers and add 100 ml of alcohol to each of these .
4) Stir well and filter. Collect the filtrate in separate china dishes, Evaporate the alcohol by heating the china dishes one by one over a water bath and let the residue dry in the oven .
5) Heat a small piece of sodium in a fusion tube , till it melts.
6) Then add one of the above residues from the china dish to this fusion tube and heat it till red hot.
7) Drop the hot fusion tube in a china dish containing about 10 ml of distilled water.
8) Break the tube and boil the contents of the china dish for about 5 minutes .
9) Cool and filter the solution. Collect the filtrate . To the filtrate add 1 ml of freshly prepared ferrous sulphate solution and warm the contents.
10) Then add 2-3 drops of ferric chloride solution and acidify with dilute HCl. If a blue or green ppt. or colouration is obtained it indicates the presence of nitrogen containing insecticides.
11) Repeat the test of nitrogen for residues obtained from other fruits and vegetables and record the observation.
- SSC Results 2010
- HSC Results (Maharashtra) 2010
- Madras University MBA Results 2009 2010
- DELHI POLICE RESULTS
- Delhi University Results 2010
Download Complete Project from Below link :